Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A lil Connecticut flava for ya ear

Mon: 6/1/09
6 mile run (45:00)
This morning was rather busy with the funeral and all so Melanie and I opted to do our run after the ceremonies. Unfortunately for us, lunch was a huge array of different foods and both of us gorged pretty heavily. After my story about Saturday's run Melanie wanted to take me to the "ghetto" of Suffield. It was a pretty rough area, I even saw one house with chipped paint. We decided to "race" the last 800 meters and it must have been one of the most pathetic sites anyone could witness. Two former XC All-Americans battling it out with grimaced faces, arms pumping like Mike Tysons punch-out (Melanie's case), legs flaring (my case) at an astonishing 6min per mile. The foot felt good and after a quick shower we were back on the road to Bodymore, Murderland.

Sun: 5/31/09
6 mile run (47:00)
After a blissful morning of lounging around the Schorr residence eating omelets and watching youtube videos, Melanie I suited up for our run at around 11am. The sun was shining and the temps were in the mid-70's with a light breeze. It was the quintessential New England summer morning. Despite it's small town charm, Suffield has very little in the way of soft surfaces so Melanie and I stayed on the roads. She did try to take me on this one overgrown trail that was her "high school make out spot" but it became quickly un-runnable. Melanie and I debated on the pace after the run and while she was praying for a 7min mile avg, I was more realistic with my 7:30-8min approximation. The foot felt pretty decent and it was a great day to be out running. Happy Days!

No comments: