Thursday, June 4, 2009

Barefoot on the fields

Thur: 6/4/09
7 mile run (53:00)
The showers today kept the weather pretty cool and it was really nice to get out and put in some exercise. Melanie was feeling a little tired after a long day at work so we decided we would run together for 15mins towards the JHU campus and leave me at the fields to run barefoot while she trekked home. The barefoot running on the fields felt great although I got my first glimpses of that old feeling of being tired on a run. Sadly, the tiredness was only due to a few sprints on the field. I found a new way home, which was a bike path that connected up to Druid Hill Park. My plantar has been feeling pretty good as of late and it's pretty exciting. As all things go in the running wold, nothing can be perfect. The top of my foot where the shoes laces has been sore as of late and it's rather bothersome during runs. Such is the running game

No comments: