Thursday, June 25, 2009

10 spot

Thur: 6/25/09
AM: 10 mile run (1:07:00)
This was actually quite a nice little run. I was a little worried that getting out the door at 7:30 would lead to some sweltering temps but things stayed relatively cool this morning and it wasn't all that bad. I plotted out a new route last night to get 10 miles in and I really liked it. I took the druid Hill bike path to the Hopkins undergrad campus and then went east on 33rd (which is not too bad a street to run on) and hit Montebello lake. The lake is a 1.5 mile bike path and the scenery isn't too bad. I basically ran a loop around the path and ran the same way home. I actually felt better than I thought I would after yesterday and sometimes running in the city, having to stop at lights and all, isn't all that bad on a recovery run.
PM: 6 mile run (41:00)
It was a tad warm out this evening but luckily the humidity was pretty low so it wasn't too bad until the last 10 0r 15 mins. Melanie and I toured the Inner Harbor and she was cruisng at a pretty solid pace. Despite not actually training that girl can really hammer when she wants to and at times I had trouble keeping up. This was def a solid double.

No comments: