Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Attmempted track workout

Tue: 6/23/09
AM: 6 mile run (40:00)
I found where Johns Hopkins built their track (it's actually hidden on an outskirt campus they have and nowhere near the undergrad campus or athletic fields)! Unfortunately, they were still building the high jump pit and the track was closed until July 5th. However, I spoke with the coach and he told me I was free to use it as soon as the construction was done.

I would have really like to get a hard effort in today (8 x 1k w/30sec rest) as my legs were feeling good and I wanted to get the volume in. However, it just wasn't in the cards and I just decided to stop at 6 because it worked logistically. I will try and get out and put in a solid distance later today when the heat dies down a bit.

PM: 6 mile run (40:00)
Melanie and I went out around 6:30 this evening and luckily the temperature wasn't all that brutal. We took Charles St. down to the JHU campus and came back on the bike path that connects up to Druid Hill. I felt pretty good minus burping up the strawberry pop-tart I ate 10mins before embarking on our run. The pace stayed easy and it was fun to run with Melanie again after a brief hiatus.

No comments: