Thursday, July 23, 2009

Golf courses are for runners too

Wed: 7/22/09
AM: 8 mile run (58:00)
Decided to try a new run today and see if I couldn't get myself on some softer surfaces for my recovery runs. I took a few ghetto streets to the Clifton Park golf course, which nicely only took 15 or 17 mins to get to. The golf course is a nice little public course that was pretty busy for 7:30 on a Wednesday morning. Luckily, I found some open holes that weren't busy and managed some nice soft running on the fairways and light roughs. The run was a pretty decent affair for an 8 mile jaunt and I might drive, as opposed to run, out here in the fall when it's a little less busy and I don't have to confine myself to a few holes. However, I know from experience you have to be cautious when running on golf courses. They are typically very undulating and really soft, which can make running a harder effort if you're trying to maintain a decent pace.

No comments: