Thursday, July 9, 2009

An almost Steady Run

Thur: 7/9/09
AM: 10 mile run (64:46)
Ran three miles as an easy warm-up and did the hills of druid lake with a lake loop in 24:36 and cooled down for 3 miles. This was my first attempt at running a more up paced run on this route so I just wanted to get a time check for future endeavors. As I get more fit I will hopefully begin running the timed loop faster and eventually increasing the distance at which I run hard.

I felt pretty good but I don't think the effort was anything spectacular. I still have to work at being more focused when I am out for hard efforts and not letting my mind wander.

PM: 6 mile run (41:34)
Ran the same trail loop as yesterday with Melanie. The temps were moderate and I actually felt pretty good. I am currently schooling Melanie on the intricacies of the Tour De France and keeping her up to date with all the latest racing results. I once attempted to act out a race tactic, she didn't laugh.

No comments: