Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bad ass in the rain

Thur: 7/23/09
AM: 10 mile steady run (1:04:37)
Took the first three miles pretty easy just to get things warmed up a bit. Had to use the facilities and almost got myself killed. There was a man in the public bathroom whom I thought was the janitor. I said good morning and he picked up this metal road and told me "I've been killed in here before, I won't get killed again." Needless to say I peaced out pretty quick. The steady was a decent effort and I chose the pretty hilly Druid Hill course. I found myself losing focus after the uphills and not getting back to a good effort once I was downhill or flat and recovered. I did a much better job of recognizing this and picking up the effort. About half way in a light drizzle turned into an absolute downpour. I love running in the rain and it made the steady effort feel that much more bad ass. The only issue I had was that my orthotic kept slipping in my shoe because they were soaked and I had to stop a few times to readjust.

PM: 4 mile run (30:00)
Melanie and I were both a little tired from long days and were not looking forward to 6 miles in the heat. We compromised by slogging out 4 and calling it a day. I didn't feel all too bad and am hoping to have a good tempo tomorrow.

No comments: