Thursday, July 16, 2009

Canal Trail

Thur: 7/16/09
AM: 10 miles (3 miles easy, 6:33, 6:32, 6:37, 6:35, 6:23, 2 easy)
If that's steady pace, I'm in trouble! Woke up early again to get to DC to run on soft surface and the canal trail before meeting my client on the track. My legs were still stiff and I am glad I gave myself 3 easy days between the workout and the race (what a great coach, huh). I felt like I was moving at a good clip but when I saw the first split I was embarrassed. My breathing was easy but my legs just felt heavy and lethargic. No biggie, it just woulda been nice to rip one I guess. It was great to run on the soft surface again although it seemed the run was a little boring since it was just flat and straight. Reminded me a little of McAlpine, aka the most boring place to train in the world.

PM: 4 mile run (30:00)
It was pretty dog gone hot out today so Melanie and I made the executive decision to cut our run down from 6 to 4. We ran out to the water fountain but it was still broken and I contemplated jumping in the kiddie pool next door but opted against getting shot at.

No comments: