Tuesday, August 4, 2009

God didn't want me to workout today

Tue: 8/5/09
AM: 5 miles (NT)
Ran 3 miles to the track to warm-up and get ready for a threshold effort. Got there and the gates were locked so I decided to jump the fence. As I was putting on my flats the security guard made her way over and told me I couldn't be on the track until she opened the gates at 7am. It was 6:50. I rescaled the fence, which is rather tall, and did loops in the parking lot to stay warmed up. 7am rolled around and no security guard. 7:10, 7:15, 7:20, still no sign of the security guard. Ran around the building to see what the deal was and I saw her car parked with her nowhere to be seen. With the sun rising on a soon to be 90+ degree day I decided to bag the workout and run home. I am proud of the restraint I showed in not flipping out and getting myself arrested.

PM: 8 miles - 15 mins barefoot.
Was going to use the treadmill today at Hopkins to workout but when I went to sign-up I was told I needed my ID Card. Problem is, I don't have one. No biggie, a long walk across campus would procure me one...except the office was closed for the day. This meant no workout today. However, in the late evening I ran over to the Hopkins fields and kicked off the shoes and ran for 15 minutes barefoot. I think I was going a little bit more uptempo but it could have been the fact that I was barefoot, it was night and I was doing 300 meter circles. Either way, it felt good.

No comments: