Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gettin buff

Wed: 8/12/09
AM: 10 mile run (1:06:00)
Started the run at the Hopkins gym because I really need to get back into a gym routine. I was ashamed when I looked back and saw the last time I was really dedicated to doing a solid strength/core/plyo routine was the summer of 2007. I was just very difficult to implement at Queens for a variety of reasons. Took the run down 33rd to Lake Montebello and headed into Herring Run Park. It's an out and back but the Herring Run part of the run is pretty nice. It was pretty humid this morning and the legs felt off and on heavy but for the most part things felt ok after a workout. Hit the fake grass field for 8 mins barefoot running and 6 speedy strides. I hate that this field is always locked and I have to jump the fence. As Melanie reminded me, it's not going to be long before I get in trouble. Wanted to do more barefoot running but my achilles has been tight as of late and didn't want to push it too much.

Did a pretty light general strength routine because I haven't been in the muscle room for a while and didn't want to over do it.

No comments: