Friday, August 14, 2009

Combination Pizza Hut and Taco bell

Fri: 8/14/09
AM: 3 w/u, 5 x 800/300 with 200 and 30o rest (2:30, 58, 49.7, 130) (2:26, 1:00, 49.9, 1:55) (2:21, 1:00, 49.8, 1:42) (2:21, 1:04, 48.7, 1:58) (2:17, 68, 47.4, 1:35), 2c/d

Pretty solid workout today. Was looking to get some faster intervals in while still maintaining a semblance of a strength workout. The temps were mild, 72, but the humidity was through the roof. When I left the house it was 93%. I am glad I went with this workout as it is obvious my speed is sill very much lacking and this was a good way to dip into that a little. It was tough to get moving the first 800, which suggests I need to work on getting more warmed up before fast interval sessions. I was surprised to keep bringing the 800 pace down and happy to keep the 300's under 50. Each recovery was just enough to get me feeling on the brink of ready to go. They slowed a little as the workout progressed but not bad. Took water stops on the 300 rest of 2 and 4. Hit the gym afterward for some light stretching in the pool and an intro leg strength session.

PM: 6 mile run (42:15)
Went out around 6:45with Melanie. She wanted to "take it slow" but she still had me dusted for most of the run. Didn't fell great, legs were heavy from the workout and lifting. Didn't get to eat anything for quite a while after the run. We went to a birthday party for one of her friends at a swank place near here. We arrived at 8:15 and promptly ordered. The waiter screwed up our drink order twice, didn't have the wine I ordered on the list and couldn't remember who ordered what. That's not the worst of it. We ordered 4 meals (3 of us split meals) and it took over 90mins for our food to arrive. The waiter and manager said they were very busy (I counted 25 people sitting in the restaurant - and all the offered for food was one of those planned 3 course meals. You know, 4 choices of appetizer, 5 main courses, etc.) When we got the bill there was an additional 20% service charge for a large party (when did ordering 4 dishes become a large party). Needless to say I put up quite the fight. Luckily, the night ended on a good note as Melanie and I won a dance off with another couple on the dance floor. Yeah, I still got moves in these old legs.

No comments: