Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tracks are for running

Thur: 9/3/09
AM: 8 mile run (1:00:00)
Ran from the Hopkins gym and hit the trails running north with the intent of running 10 miles. Unfortunately, the trails are a little short - I guess I was hoping to find some more. I was content with doing laps when I found a track at the end of the trail with an astro turf infield. It was 8am and gorgeous weather when a man came out of somewhere and told me the track was closed. Really, the gates look open to me? Seriously, what the hell is the big deal about being on a track? It really irks me that, in our litigious society, people can't even run on a piece of land specifically designed for running. Anyway, I could rant forever on the topic. When I got back to the gym I had hit 8 miles and didn't feel like running mindless loops. Did a decent pedestal/med ball session.

PM: 6 mile run (42:00)
Out and back on the river trail with Melanie. Didn't feel all too bad

No comments: